John Cockerill Services teams support industrial companies and public infrastructure managers in the installation, operational management, maintenance and modernization of their facilities. Through specialized interventions, scheduled or not, and local services, they help customers improve the technical, economic and environmental performance of their equipment.
digiTime, an app created on Microsoft Power Platform, has enabled John Cockerill to digitize worker’s badging systems which resulted in:
- eliminating the exchange of paper work slips
- centralised (digital) information
- huge time savings in calculation of employees pay out
- Resistance to change / Need for change management
- Deployment on more than 120 remote workers
- Include a population of subcontractors
- Targeting a perimeter in order to deliver quickly (incremental framework)
- implement and off line mode for the app
Based on Power Platform, Business Elements implemented a front end app for workers to capture working hours (Canvas app) and a back end solution (Model Driven app) for key users like HR and foreman that are executing validations and encoding. All data is captured in a structured database - MS Dataverse, allowing structured reporting, better data quality and centralised data management.